Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Country 'Tis of Thee

Ok, maybe I am a nut for being patriotic - but I must let my feelings out. Lew and I are watching the 7 part series of "John Adams" which is proving to be fantastic. It tells the life story of John Adams and his "vision of a nation of liberty and justice for all" - he guided his peers, Gen. George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson in setting the values and agenda for a glorious, free America.
In this perilious time of our country I wish the entire nation would watch this movie and remember what we were founded upon and recommit ourselves to the freedom we all have enjoyed. I highly recommend watching it, well worth the time.
Lew and I took a trip with CES Seminary Teachers several years ago and stood in the room where the original Continental Congress was held, and where the scenes were shot. How incredible it is to think about the sacrifice those nobel men were willing to take to give us our liberty.
How grateful I am for the guidance and love our Father in Heaven had for us and for those men in establishing the United States of America. What a blessing we have.
Love to all, my family, friends and fellow patriots.

4 comments:

caribickley said...

If only we could get back to the basics that this country was founded on. It would be nice but then the lack of progress would prevent other wonderful things from coming to pass. Love Ya

Sheri said...

I am thankful for all our blessings. I so appreciate our country and all the men and women who fight for our freedom!! You are a Yankee Doodle Dandee Carol Lee!!!! Hee hee...

caribickley said...

Mom- Okay - you have been tagged. Go to my blog and read the last entry and you will know what to do. LOVE YA!

caribickley said...

Hey mom - Emma and I are checking out everyones blogs. You added new photos! I love them. Looking good. Emma says HI

The Rain

The Rain
I love Nature

Lew Grover Family Deer Lake, Wash

Lew Grover Family  Deer Lake, Wash
Lew Grover Reunion 8/2006 Randy, Scott,Carol, Lew, Doug, Cari, Paul

Part of the Whole Family

Part of the Whole Family
Grover Reunion August 2006