Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Little Bit of Heaven


Monday, the 15th of September was a joyful day. The days of indian summer in Spokane are setting a record for being beautiful - 80 degrees- bright blue, sunny skies - just a slight breeze. What a day to go to the lake - (doesn't take much to convince me) - however, there were two reasons. One sad, the other a joyful reuniting....
Sad, because it was time to take in the jet ski, to put it in storage, which means the end of summer. I felt like we had just barely gotten started.. However, the other reason is the happy one - we were having my piano moved into the cabin. I have been without it for about 10 years, Cari has been keeping it for me and needed me to take it.
So... the piano was moved into the cabin, and I sat down and played it and felt like I was home - since it is the piano my mother gave me lessons on. It feels so good to have it - and now I need to practice to get in shape.
Then, with the lake smooth as glass, not a cloud in the sky, I took a half hour ride on the jet ski, before bringing it in. I cannot describe the exhilaration of feeling the wind in my face - like it use to feel in our tri-hull, when I would sit in the front of the boat - it took me back to those good days. There wasn't a soul, not one single boat, or single person on the lake - just me flying - yes flying at 30 miles an hour- skimming across the still water and soaking in the sun. What a feeling of freedom and joy. I went all around the lake - saying "YIPPEE!
Dad & I pulled it in, sat on the swing for a while, said good-bye to the day and came home. A day I will remember for always.
Tomorrow, we leave for a trip to southern Utah and the Shakespere festival with Justine and Blaine. Life is good - many blessings to count.

3 comments:

caribickley said...

Some days are just perfect aren't they! We need to create them more often.

Sheri said...

Hey speed demon!!! Wish I could have seen you on the lake. It is so beautiful now. I love the fall.

naomi3 said...

Hey we need pictures from Utah! You did take some right? :-)

Love the lake pictures! Garrett is excited that you moved the piano out there. Now he can play on it for the talent shows! Are you having to tune it? I would imagine that it would need it a lot out there. I would cover it up in the winter. Put a blanket on it or something. Make sure it is on an inside wall etc. I'm probably singing to the choir!

love you
Naomi

The Rain

The Rain
I love Nature

Lew Grover Family Deer Lake, Wash

Lew Grover Family  Deer Lake, Wash
Lew Grover Reunion 8/2006 Randy, Scott,Carol, Lew, Doug, Cari, Paul

Part of the Whole Family

Part of the Whole Family
Grover Reunion August 2006