Friday, August 22, 2008

How do I begin....

To begin from the beginning of my life would be 70 years ago. That covers a lot of territory. I have been blessed with a full life, wonderful family, friends, career and now in semi retirement to begin a new phase of my life.
Along the way, Lew and I built a family of 5 children, shown below and then came 15 grandchildren and at last count 9 great grandchildren. Life has been rich indeed
My most favorite place to be is at our lake home on Deer Lake where we gather for family outings and reunions. The picture below of "part of the entire family", taken in 2006, is in celebration of the 30th reunion. We just had our 31st this August - we didn't get a picture!!
Our promise to Mom and Dad Grover, who began the reunions in 1976, to always continue getting together, has been fulfilled and will continue long after we are gone (I pray). It is our little piece of heaven - many wonderful memories are there, from the time our children were small to the great grandchildren now. It is our delight to welcome the entire family to visit, play, relax, have fun and good food. Come often, come early, stay long, and play hard.

3 comments:

caribickley said...

Mom-
You are going to love this way of keep in touch. I can't wait to see what you do with this. It was fun to help you get going. LOVE YOU and HAPPY BLOGGING!

caribickley said...

MOM -
You are doing great! Have fun and don't stress. LOVE YA

MCGROVER said...

Carol-

Just letting you know I read your blog post and as always love to read what you have to say. I always remember your letters and your family reunion journals and how informative and beautiful your writing is. Keep it up.

We wish we could have been with you for the family reunion.

Love
Mike

The Rain

The Rain
I love Nature

Lew Grover Family Deer Lake, Wash

Lew Grover Family  Deer Lake, Wash
Lew Grover Reunion 8/2006 Randy, Scott,Carol, Lew, Doug, Cari, Paul

Part of the Whole Family

Part of the Whole Family
Grover Reunion August 2006